Branch website name


Bells: Ring of 6 bells (5-3-17 / 300kg) in the key of B.
Dedication: St Bartholomew.
Location: OS map ref. SU 698867 (map 175)
Click to view map.
Parking: In the Old Church Hall car park (shared with School, Life and Field Kitchen) about 20 yards on the Henley side before the church, free spaces available depending on other village activities. 
Access/Height: Via the side door after the main church door, through kitchen and up 27 steps with shallow risers and a handrail. Draught is 14' 6" Audible bells.  
Service ringing: Sundays 10.30am - 11.00 am
5th Sundays should be checked on the Church Website
Practice ringing: Wednesday evenings - 8.00 - 9.15pm.
Facilities: Emergency back-up lighting.
First Aid box.
Toilet under the ringing chamber
Kitchen on way in
Rope dryer
Electric heaters 
Belfry fittings: One clock hammer
No sound control measures
Roller bearings
Ash stays
Metal frame. New frame in 2000 and bells retuned when the canons were removed from all of the bells.
Ringers: 9 ringers
No longer any bell-handling training
Occasional quarter peals are rung
Favourite method - Nettlebed Doubles
Other events include Annual BBQ and New Year's Eve get-togethers.  
© 2002 BM
Nettlebed, © 2002 Bobbie May
Bell details: No. Weight  cwt qr lb  Note Date Cast Founder Inscription
1 2-3-13 G# 1846 Charles & George Mears  
2 3-0-5 F# 1846 Charles & George Mears  
3 3-0-21 E 1846 Charles & George Mears  
4 4-0-18 D# 1846 Charles & George Mears  
5 4-0-26 C# 1846 Charles & George Mears  
6 5-3-17 B 1846 Charles & George Mears  
History: The tenor weight was 6-3-27 until it was tuned in 2000 by Whitechapel Bell Foundry.
4 peal boards (including one being made)
3 ringers first pealer's peal ( waiting for this board)
2 John Piper windows in the Church

Guidance for Tower Correspondent

Return to the top of the page

Valid CSS!  Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional     © Oxford Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers 2016 - Reading Banch