|Established January 17 1881|
Diocesan Bell Fund
The Oxford Diocesan Bell Fund is a registered charity which makes grants to churches in the Diocese of Oxford who wish to refurbish their bells. A grant may not be made in the case of an augmentation. Unless there are special circumstances it is currently the policy of the managing trustees to make grants of 15% of the estimated cost of qualifying works. If the eventual cost is materially different from that indicated at the time of application, the grant is reviewed and may be revised.
When the Managing Trustees receive notification that on-site work has been completed, members of the ODG Towers & Belfries Sub-committee carry out inspections on their behalf. On receipt of a satisfactory report arrangements are then made for the payment of the grant.
The Managing Trustees reported last year on the large number of schemes associated with the Millennium celebrations and commented that they would manage the Fund to meet this short-term increase in applications. In order to maintain the current level of grants within the expected annual income they agreed that payment of grants that were approved and the work completed in 1999 should be deferred until 2000. This decision was duly notified to all those who were offered grants.
The Managing Trustees belief is that the increase in applications due to work associated with the Millennium celebrations has peaked and that the number of future applications will reduce to the typical level of previous years.
For more information about grants from the Bell Fund, contact the Guild Treasurer.
|Return to the Towers and Belfry Reports page|
© Oxford Diocesan Guild of Church Bell Ringers 2009 - Site Map